Not Forgotten

This site is to share public records regarding patients and employees of the Traverse City Asylum, State Hospital for the Insane, Northern Michigan Asylum, Traverse City Regional Psychiatric Hospital.
There is so little information available regarding patients, often known as inmates, that I felt it was important to post, make public, the little information available, as a genealogist, researcher and briefly, an "inmate" shortly before it closed.
My homage to those who suffered.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Grand Traverse County Death Record Search, GTDR

You will see GTDR often. It stands for the Grand Traverse County Death Records Search. It lists the date of death. I've taken inmates, patients names and run them through a search. If the name is exact or close, and there is only one entry for that name, I list the date of death.
 When there are too many of the same name, I leave it off. If two with the same name, I give both dates.
 I love this search because it gives a fuller picture of the persons lifespan And it helps me to make sure the names are spelled correctly.
 This information, date of death, is possible, not definite. The patients names in the census that have a middle initial are especially helpful.
 I'm really enjoying researching and putting this information together.

1 comment:

  1. I found a distant cousin (1st 3x removed) in the GTDR. It provides this info: TODD ,IRVING 7/ 3/1902 Liber 1,Page 224.
    How would one obtain the death record details?

    ReplyDelete