Not Forgotten

This site is to share public records regarding patients and employees of the Traverse City Asylum, State Hospital for the Insane, Northern Michigan Asylum, Traverse City Regional Psychiatric Hospital.
There is so little information available regarding patients, often known as inmates, that I felt it was important to post, make public, the little information available, as a genealogist, researcher and briefly, an "inmate" shortly before it closed.
My homage to those who suffered.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Asylum Patients Causes of Death

This applies only to the 1900 patients in which I've located death records, maybe 100 or so.
#1 Cause Epilepsy
#2 Pulmonary Tuberculosis
#3 various forms of heart disease
The other causes which had afflicted 10 or less patients; senility, cancer, intestinal obstruction, organic brain disease, dementia and apoplexy, which I need to look up.
Oh, Nephritis, which I think is kidney disease would be #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment